Building & Planning
The Building Department is responsible for ensuring the Ontario Building Code and our Comprehensive Zoning By-law is enforced. Through the building permit and inspection process the Building Department verifies that all building projects meet the minimum standards as set out in the Ontario Building Code, the Comprehensive Zoning By-law and the requirements of other regulating bodies such as the Grey Bruce Health Unit and the Conservation Authorities.
In addition, the Building Department also provides zoning and building code information and technical advice to Council and the public. This department works with the County of Bruce Planning Department and independent planners as required for large projects.
Before beginning any building work on your property it is advisable to consult with the Building Department.
Council meetings regarding Planning Applications and the Committee of Adjustment meetings take place in Council Chambers at 21 Queen Street, Ripley on the second Monday of the every month if there are applications to be heard. The schedule for 2017 can be found on the document "2017 Meeting Schedule" on the right hand side of this page.
- 2012 Year End Building Summary (1.27 MB)
- 2013 Year End Building Summary (1.00 MB)
- 2014 Year End Building Summary (1.12 MB)
- 2015 Year End Building Summary (135 KB)
- 2017 Council Meeting Schedule (45 KB)
- Building Permit Application - Part 8 (319 KB)
- Development, Interference & Alteration Regulations (1.55 MB)
21 Queen Street, P.O. Box 130, Ripley ON N0G 2R0