Fire Prevention Week
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:00am - 11:45pm
Look. Listen. Learn. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere.
Fire Prevention Week runs from October 7-13, 2018
This year’s Fire Prevention Week theme focuses on three fundamental actions people can take to be fire-safe:
- LOOK for potential fire hazards around your home. Take action to prevent fire from starting:
- Always stay in the kitchen while cooking. If you must leave, turn off the stove.
- Encourage smokers to smoke outside. Always extinguish cigarettes in large, deep ashtrays that cannot be knocked over.
- Check electrical cords for damage such as fraying or nicks. A damaged cord can expose wires and result in a potential shock or fire hazard.
- LISTEN for the smoke alarms in an emergency. Make sure everyone knows the sound of the smoke alarms and can hear them in an emergency. Early detection of fire provided by smoke alarms gives you the extra seconds you need to get out safely.
- LEARN two ways out of every room. Practice a home fire escape plan with everyone in your home before a fire starts so you and your family can get out quickly.
Contact: Chris Cleave
Coffee Break Ministry for Women
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:30am - 11:00am
Location: Lucknow Community Christian Reformed Church
Coffee Break for Women takes place every Wednesday morning from September to May.
Contact: Pastor Tim Leferink
Wellnastik fitness class
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:00am - 10:30am
Location: Point Clark Community Centre
Join Martina for Wellnastik, a fitness program designed for those 55+
Each class focuses on balance, coordination, light cardio, stretching & relaxation
Classes are held in the main hall at the Point Clark Community Centre on Wednesdays, from 9-10:30am
Drop-in Fee is $5 per class.
Check it out on Facebook www.facebook.com/wellnastik
Please dress comfortably, bring thick socks and a blanket or yoga mat, chairs are available.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:00am - 11:00am
Location: Attawandaron Park
Adult Pickleball Program at Attawandaron Park
Mondays Wednesdays Fridays 9am
Tuesdays Thursdays 4pm
$10 to register
Contact Jan Kelly or Register at any of the Pickleball Program Times
Contact: Jan Kelly