The Township of Huron-Kinloss has delegated to the County of Bruce the following authorities, responsibilities, duties and functions of a planning nature under The Planning Act, R.S.O., 1990 and amendments thereto:
- the responsibility for the processing review, reporting and recommending upon Official Plan and Zoning By-law applications under Section 17 and 34 of The Planning Act; and providing the Council of the Township of Huron-Kinloss with recommendations on such applications;
- the responsibility for processing, review, reporting and recommending upon matters to the Committee of Adjustment pursuant to Section (44) and (45) of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, and amendments thereto.
The County has a prescribed tariff of fees for the processing of applications. Such fees are payable at the time of the application.
The Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing has prepared A Land Use Planning Guide for Businesses and also a Citizen's Guide to Land Use Planning which are helpful to provide general descriptions of what is involved with the planning process. These are both available for your review under the 'Links ' section on the right hand side of this page.
The Council of the Township of Huron-Kinloss has prepared a statement of their position on Off-Shore Wind Facilities . Their statement can be found on the right hand side of this page under "Downloads".
Meetings to Consider Planning Applications
Council meetings regarding Planning Applications and the Committee of Adjustment meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at The Township of Huron Kinloss municipal office at 21 Queen Street, Ripley, ON providing there are applications to be heard. The schedule can be found on the right-hand side.
The County of Bruce Planning Department provides recommendations to Council on applications to amend the Official Plan, and the Zoning By-Law as well as on applications to subdivide land or to approve site plans for individual parcels of land.
Minutes & Agendas
Please see the Municipal Calendar under Municipal Office and click on the date of the past meeting for the latest minutes.
- Planning Department - County of Bruce
- A Land Use Planning Guide for Businesses
Guide developed by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing to assist businesses to plan and develop the use of land in Ontario effectively and efficiently.
- Citizen's Guide to Land Use Planning
General perspective for Ontario citizen's which provides information on land use planning processes.
- Comprehensive Zoning By-Law
Zoning by-law for the Township of Huron-Kinloss
- Township of Huron-Kinloss Official Plan
Official Plan for Huron-Kinloss approved on November 3rd, 2016
- Bruce County Official Plan
Chief Building Official
21 Queen St., Ripley ON N0G 2R0