Grant Programs & Promotions
The Township of Huron-Kinloss offers promotions throughout the year to support our businesses. Information about our two current promotions, Huron-Kinloss Dollars and the Holiday Shopping Pass, can be accessed by clicking the appropriate tabs on the left.
Grants for Huron-Kinloss Downtown Business Owners and Community Organizations
Bruce County offers a grant program for downtown businesses or organizations with projects within the Community Improvement Plan (CIP) Project Area. See Spruce the Bruce in the menu at the left for more details.
Incentive Programs to Improve Energy Efficiency
Hydro One and Westario Power offer various incentive programs to improve the energy efficiency of businesses in Ontario. There are incentive for: small businesses; commercial, hospitality and retail businesses; large industrial businesses; agribusinesses; municipalities, health care, education; and manurfacturing businesses.
Opportunities for Students
- Summer Company - Be your own Boss! Summer Company is an Ontario program for returning students ages 15 to 29 to start up and run their own summer business. If successful, applicants can receive up to $1500 towards business start-up costs and another $1500 for successful completion of the program. The student also receives 12 hours of business training as well as hands-on mentoring and advice from local business people. For more information visit the Summer Company website or call the Saugeen Shores Business Enterprise Centre at 519-832-2082. Or email the office at email@example.com.
- Starter Company - Starter Company is a new program in Bruce and Grey Counties to help young entrepreneurs start their own business, or expand their existing business. Starter Company offers financial support, individualized training, and mentorship opportunity. Participants in Starter Company take part in an individualized and unique training program, supporting them in the development of a strong business plan and concept. The training portion of the program is followed by the opportunity for participants to be recommended for a $5,000 grant. Participants who receive the $5,000 grant are supported by a mentor committee to encourage growth and enhancement of their businesses. Contact: Jill Roote at the Business Enterprise Centre – Saugeen Shores, 519-832-2082 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit: www.saugeenshores.ca/business
Opportunities for Employers Hiring Students
- Canada Summer Jobs (employment)
- Rural Summer Jobs Programs (employment)
- Summer Experience Program (employment)
- Summer Jobs Service (employment)
Other Funding Opportunities:
- Bruce Community Futures Development Corporation
- Celebrate Ontario (events)
- Community Foundation Grey Bruce (community projects including capital funding)
- Culture, Heritage, Recreation and Sport Grants (Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport)
- Local Food Fund (Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs)
- Mentorworks (online funding resource & training program)
- Ontario Media Development Corporation (services and funding for the film & television; book & magazine publishing; interactive digital media & music industries)
- Ontario Power Generation Not-for-Profit Support Program (environment, education & community projects)
- Ontario Tourism Development Fund (encourage tourism investment)
- Ontario Tourism Event Marketing Program (festival & event promotion)
- Ontario Trillium Foundation Community Grants & Investment Program
- Ontario Research Fund (infrastructure research, clean tech projects, academic reserach)
- Regional Tourism Organization 7 (Grey Bruce Simcoe) Partnership Funding
- Rural Economic Development (Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs)
- TD Green Streets (Environmental focused projects)
Business & Economic Officer
P.O. Box 130, Ripley ON N0G 2R0